Friday, September 21, 2007

Reflect the UnReflected


As I was writing my Reaction Paper #1, I had this sudden realization that I could be in a situation like one of our course developers in which I will pilot a course of my own. My initial reaction was fear. Will I be ready for this leap into space? Will my experiences hold me down and keep me sane? Shortly after all the questions and "what if's" I realized something. I am not alone. Most of the developmental successes and blunders sit here in front of me, embedded in this book I am reading. These pioneers have run their ideas and concepts through the ringer of course development and have provided a path - what to do and what not to do. I believe that the more we, as a class, immerse ourselves in the idea of piloting a course, similar to these articles, then we will be more prepared when the time comes. We are the predecessors, let us take advantage of the road already taken.

1 comment:

maka said...

Hey Vito,
I liked reading your reaction. You know what? You're right. These pioneers went through the ringer but in the end their ideas and strategies are what made them what they are today huh? Who knows, maybe someday we'll be the ones to write syllubus', programs, articles on experiences that work, etc. Dr. Vito and Dr. Maka are on their way!!!