Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mid Term Reflection

Hi everyone,
Here's my mid-term reflection. As we started out this course in August, I thought this course was going to be okay because I knew that we would be doing moodling and going on live text. I had taken a course with Dr. Rivera last year which we had to moodle and go on live text. This course has taught me so much more than the previous class. Throughout the course, I'll admit, I never did so much reading this semester than I had in my other courses. At times, I would feel overwhelmed but all in all, it was worth it. To read the articles in our "Teachers as Course Developers" book, made me see a lot of things that I never knew before. The different strategies, obstacles, experiences, and techniques that all the different professors, doctors, and administrators had to go through, and were willing to share with us was a learning process for me. As an educator, you just have to find ways to get through your students in what ever way that you can. Putting yourself in their shoes and experience what students experience, helps in many ways for a teacher to plan their lessons, and do a syllabus for their students.
As for the grade that I feel I deserve, I feel that I should get what ever grade Dr. Rivera feels I deserve. I'm hoping for an "A", but by turning in assignments late I don't think that would happen. I always strive for an "A" but what ever grade Dr. Rivera gives me, I'll accept. Good luck to us all! Aloha, Maka

1 comment:

Leaking Faucet said...

OOh, I want an "A" too! You're not alone Maka, taking multiple courses, teaching full-time, and balancing our personal lives is definitely challenging. Hang in there, the semester is almost done!